ASC Announces First Round Of Award Season Nominees In Television Categories
HBO’s “Game of Thrones”,Fox’s “Gotham” and WGN America’s “Manhattan” each received multiple nods in the nomination announcements for the 29th Annual ASC Awards. The ASC, or American Society of Cinematographers, will announce the winners at a special ceremony to be held February 15th, 2015.
This year’s nominees include a mixture of ASC Award veterans and first time nominees. JonathanFreeman, ASC received his eighth nomination. He has won four ASC Awards for Game of Thrones (2014), Boardwalk Empire (2012, 2011), and Homeland Security (2005), with additional noms for Taken (2003), Strange Justice (2000) and Prince Street (1998).
David Stockton, ASC previously won for his work on Eleventh Hour (2009) and earned nominations for the Alcatraz pilot (2013), Chase (2012), and the Nikita pilot (2011).
Three of this year’s nominees are receiving their second nomination: David Greene, CSC (Beauty and the Beast -2014) Anelle Haellmigk (Game of Thrones – 2014) and John Lindley (Pan Am – 2012). The remaining nominees are receiving their first ASC Award nomination.
The complete list of this year’s nominees include:
For an Episode of a Regular Series:
• P.J. Dillon for Vikings, “Blood Eagle” (History)
• Jonathan Freeman, ASC for Boardwalk Empire, “Golden Days for Boys and Girls” (HBO)
• Anette Haellmigk for Game of Thrones, “The Children” (HBO)
• Christopher Norr for Gotham, “Spirit of the Goat” (FOX)
• Richard Rutkowski for Manhattan, “Perestroika” (WGN America)
• Fabian Wagner for Game of Thrones, “Mockingbird” (HBO)
For a Television Movie, Miniseries, or Pilot:
• David Greene, CSC for the TV movie The Trip to Bountiful (Lifetime)
• John Lindley, ASC for the Manhattan pilot (WGN America)
• David Stockton, ASC for the Gotham pilot (FOX)
• Theo Van de Sande, ASC for the TV movie Deliverance Creek (Lifetime)
To learn more about the ASC, please visit: