VES To Publish New Print/Digital Publication “VFX Voice”
Visual Effects Society (VES), the honorary global professional society devoted to the visual effects world, announced it will begin publishing VFX Voice, the a new signature print and digital magazine in April, 2017. The new publication’s inaugural printing will appear in time to celebrate the organization’s milestone 20th anniversary. The editorial focus of the magazine will encompass global visual effects work in feature films, TV, commercials, music videos, animation, theme parks, virtual reality, gaming, new media and industry trends, and will celebrate the VES, its diverse membership and 10 sections around the world. In addition to industry circulation, VES members will receive the publication as a benefit of membership.
“After shining a light on the artistry and innovation in the VFX community for 20 years, we are proud to launch our premier magazine,” said Mike Chambers, VES Board Chair.
The VES has named Jim McCullaugh as Publisher of VFX Voice. McCullaugh previously served as the Publisher of the award-winning American Cinematographer magazine for seven years. Ed Ochs has been named Editor and comes to VFX Voice with decades of editorial experience, notably as Editorial Director for Billboard Magazine. Members of the inaugural VFX Voice Advisory Board include:
- Rob Bredow, Chief Technology Officer, Lucasfilm, Ltd.
- Mike Chambers, Visual Effects Producer and VES Board Chair
- Neil Corbould, Managing Director of Neil Corbould Special Effects Ltd.
- Debbie Denise, Executive Producer
- Paul Franklin, Creative Director, Co-founder Double Negative
- David Johnson, Lead Visual Effects Artist at Activision/Blizzard’s Infinity Ward Studio
- Jim Morris, VES, General Manager and President of Pixar Animation Studios
- Dennis Muren, A.S.C., VES, Senior Visual Effects Supervisor and Creative Director of Industrial Light & Magic
- Sam Nicholson A.S.C., Founder / CEO Stargate Studios
- Eric Roth, VES Executive Director
Advertising opportunities are available for the premier April 2017 issue. Please visit www.vfxvoice.com for more information.